Learn & Play
Click here for the January 2016 Learn & Play calendar of events
Learn & Play offers safe and fun child care for members during facility use. A parent or guardian must stay on the premises while their child is in our Learn & Play area. Click here to view the Learn & Play Parent Handbook and registration forms for the Hoover Branch. All children attending Learn & Play must have a registration form on file and MUST be listed on the family membership.
- 8 weeks to walking - Infant Room (Requires reservation - call 396-1708)
- walking to 7 years - Learn & Play
- 8 years to 13 years - Youth Lounge
- Infant Room: 8am-12pm Monday-Friday, 3:30-6:30 Tues/Thurs evenings, 8-11 Saturday mornings.
- Child Watch: 8am-12:30pm and 3:30pm-8pm Monday through Friday (close @ 6 on Fridays) 8am-12:30pm Saturdays
- Youth Lounge: attendant on duty 8am-11am Saturdays, select holidays, and Monday-Friday during the summer months. Open for use without an attendant during all other YMCA operating hours.
• All non-walking children will require a reservation in the infant room. We will accept non-walking 1 year olds in the main Learn & Play room only on a case by case basis. Children who need to be carried or held or who run the risk of being hurt or stepped on by bigger kids need to be in the infant room.
• Reservations can only be made by calling the Learn & Play phone at 396-1708. Do not leave voice mails please.
• Reservations can only be made during Learn & Play hours.
• Reservations need to be made 1 day prior. You can call and reserve any morning time for the following day after 8am. You can call and reserve any evening time for the following day after 3:30pm.
Drop n' Go
Drop n' Go offers safe, fun and affordable child care in our Learn & Play area for members who need to leave the facility. You must make a reservation within 24 hours and pay in advance. Drop n' Go is for children who are walking through 8 years old. All children who will be in our Learn & Play area must have a registration form on file and MUST be listed on the family membership. For more information, please see the Child Watch Parent Handbook. Drop n' Go is only offered during Learn & Play hours. *Requires reservation*
- For up to 2 1/2 hours: $12 for the first child, $8 for each additional child
- For up to 4 hours: $18 for the first child, $12 for each additional child
Parents' Night Out
We offer a Parents' Night Out event on the last Friday of every month from 6pm-9pm. Drop your kids off in Learn & Play for an evening of active play, games, movies, pizza and soft play. $10 for the first child, $5 for each additional child, and $25 for families of 4 or more! Pizza dinner included (if your child cannot eat pizza, please send dinner with them). Spaces are limited; register at the Front Desk!
Soft Play Birthday Parties
Does your child LOVE Soft Play? Rent it out for a fun-filled birthday event! We rent our Soft Play room in 2 hour time slots on Saturdays between 1pm and 6pm. We provide an attendant to assist you with set up, clean up, etc. You're welcome to bring food, cake, presents, etc. We provide folding tables in the Learn & Play area for your event.
Cost: $125 for members, $200 for non-members
Want to make it even easier? We team up with Whole Scoop for the ultimate Soft Play party experience. They will provide an ice cream sundae bar, milkshake bar, ice cream cone party or ice cream cake for your Soft Play event. Click here for more details on what the Whole Scoop offers. Call 444-8000 or email email@example.com to book your ice cream for the day of your Soft Play event.
Contact Peter at 396-1707 for more details on Soft Play parties or to book your event.