The tennis program at your Mountain Brook Y is designed to meet the needs of as many of our members as we can. Our facility includes 5 lighted outdoor har-tru clay courts and 3 indoor hard courts. We just got all 5 outdoor courts resurfaced with brand new lights! We have a full service pro-shop with Nike apparel, racquets, accessories, racquet stringing, and ball machine. A full range of instructional opportunities are offered by our USPTA/PTR certified tennis professionals, Pam Wildt and Joe Lane. These include both private and group lessons. Junior clinics are available to children from as young as 4 years old to high school players. Adult league play is very popular at Mountain Brook Y. Men's and women's teams compete in USTA, Women's Softcourt, and Women's doubles league play. Tennis is a big part of the programs at Mountain Brook Y. We look forward to serving your tennis needs.
Booking an Indoor or Outdoor Court Rules
• To reserve an indoor or outdoor court, you MUST have the Tennis Membership Add on in ADDITION to your regularly monthly Birmingham Y membership. These two memberships are different.
- Tennis add on fee is... $11 for individual membership, $16 for two people membership, and $19 for family membership.
- If you are interested in adding a Tennis Membership to your account please obtain a Membership Change Form from either the Front Desk or Tennis Desk or contact the Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would NOT like to add the tennis add on to your membership, you can NOT reserve a court, but may use our courts, if available. You will have to pay $7 guest fee, each time you come to play.
• All indoor or outdoor courts may be reserved for a maximum of 1.5 hours under one name. Any additional 30 minutes must be booked in another tennis membership's name.
- A court reservation may be made up to one week in advance.
- When booking a court, please have ready: You last name, first initial, and member number (the barcode located on the back of your scan card).
• If a Tennis Member decides to bring a guest, a tennis guest fee MUST be paid. The fee is $7 for the first 3 visits, then for the 4th-6th visit, they will have to pay additional Y day fee of $15 PLUS $7 for tennis guest fee...which is a TOTAL of $22. Additional courts fees may apply when playing indoors.
- A non-Y member is only allowed to come 6 times through out the year, unless get approval by the Tennis Director, Pam Wildt.
- Y members but WITHOUT the tennis add on will only have to pay $7 each time they decide to come and play. We highly encourage them to add tennis to membership if they come to play at least twice a month.
- Tennis guests must be playing with a Y Tennis member, can't have 2 guest or 4 guests by themselves on the court without a tennis member.
Please call the Tennis Desk for any questions or reservations at 205-445-2862.
For additional comments or questions please email:
Pam Wildt, Tennis Director, email@example.com
Joe Lane, Assistant Tennis Pro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kayla Garcia, Tennis Team Leader-Coordinator, email@example.com